Monday, April 07, 2008

The Housekeeper Diaries Part 2

Well I am glad to say that I my fourth Housekeeper, Aimee, is here to stay! Ok so she ironed a hole in Paul's favourite Columbia shorts. And she crumples up all the clothes that have just been through the wash, she even puts them in a cooler box that she found somewhere in our house, ready and waiting to be ironed a few days later. All this is forgotten, by the simple fact that she has the friendliest smile, and says "Merci" every single day before she goes home,and that's just because she is happy to be working for us. She brings Torden gifts, like fruit, as that is all she has to offer him. She wishes that she was his Nanny, she teases him, and plays games with him. The fact that she is making curtains for my spare room, and made Torden and I a local outfit in a modest black and white material, so unlike the bright hand-made local gear.

I love the way she corrects my French, and calls me "Madame Intelligent". Ha ha, if she only knew that I copy word for word sentences from my French Tutor. Oh and today was the first time I asked for something in French, and the person, who happened to be a stranger, had no idea I couldn't really speak the language!

No comments: