Friday, October 03, 2008

Activities!

I am having a hard time of late trying to keep up a schedule as it's become so full. I now give our driver a "program" as he requested it, on a weekly basis. Today I started a new class of African/Salsa, very interesting dance class. We have an extremely vibrant teacher, who comes over from Brazzaville ( across the river) every to teach an exhilirating class. He also gives Torden Hip Hop classes on a Monday. I must say, I've been to a few salsa lessons in Cape Town, and after a while I get bored, not sure if it's the music that has the same beat, or a different tune, or if it's not my style of dance. I grew up in modern dance shoes, and always loved that. In actual fact, I love any form of dance, so these classes are the most fun, even though we are exercising for an hour. The mix of African dance eliminates any form of boredom!

I was talking to a friend of mind, about all these happenings in Kinshasa, and we think it's a new arrival of expats, a definite increase in volume, and an interest in the DRC in general. The greatest part of all, is we are all here at the same level, we're all foreigners either helping the country directly or indirectly. We also have to stick together, to make life more bearable here, as the loneliness, if you allow it, can get hold of you. We make life! Life doesn't make us! ( Wow, what did I just say?)

2 comments:

Edith said...

Hi.. ...you are so positive thank you! Wow.. you really do keep yourself busy.... It is really great to know that there is a young woman out there that does not wait for things to happen!!!!she makes them happen for herself Bravo! You are an inspriration keep it up.
Hope to meet you soon I am going to the Int. Womans club on Tuesday but let me know when we can meet for coffee...busy lady!!! cheers edith

Congopit said...

Glad to hear you back from Lumbumbashi. How was it? I'll be there on Tuesday too, so will definitely meet up with you there. Can't wait to meet you for coffee at that place you mentioned. I'll call you re: