Saturday, October 11, 2008

NEEDLESS TO SAY!

This evening the lightning and thunder and the start of heavy rains, shook my entire household! Fin ( the spotty dog), aka "Needless to say" ( the name printed on his thoroughbred papers!), continued to remind us, by his deafening bark, that he was in charge of the house, not the thunder. This went on for about 2 hours, right through Torden's bed time. It usually lasts the entire night.

I feel so lonely and sad, as Paul left this morning for his long round trip via Kenya to Cape Town. Just the thought of him going home, saddens me, the mere fact that he will be where I would like to be right now. Don't get me wrong, it's not homesickness, it's not that I don't like living here, it's just how I feel, and I don't think anything will make it better. That's just how it is.

But I'm going to make the most of this week, by clearing the clutter, cleaning up the house, seeing friends and by being fully present with whatever comes my way.
My folks arrive next week Sunday, and I am so looking forward to spending time with them in the Congo. I don't have any plans, but I know we will plan as we go along.

Just to summarise my week, I had yoga on Monday with French , Tuesday was fun at the Women's Group, and then a few of us had lunch afterwards at the Chinese Restaurant. Wednesday was yoga again, then our Reiki group, in the evening our favourite Frenchie friend came over for dinner. We discussed our December holiday with him in Europe. Thursday was French lessons, and then came the weekend. We ended up having dinner last night at the Italian place, as a family, it's a great place to go.

No comments: