Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Cool Kinshasa!

After yesterday's heat, we experienced a lot cooler weather today, oh about 25degC. Mostly cloudy! It was awesome, a little bit of rain was just what was necessary to wash down the dust from the air. I was on a high this morning, had a great yoga class, followed by my French lesson, then the rain, but it all came crashing down, when I couldn't get the DSTV technician to secure my dish (sattelite) as it had been moved over the weekend by the storm. He had promised since Sunday to come and assist. My wee petite French did not help get my frustration and anger across, and he made me huff smoke, after I had speaking English to him all along, and he insisted that I spoke French. WELL that was THAT! I had had it! All that humiliation, and it never worked, he still only arrived after 4pm, after getting a colleague at Paul's work to call his office manager. The job couldn't have taken longer than 15minutes.
All this makes me realise that you have to accept and move on, no matter how difficult it is. After chatting with with some "new arrivals" yesterday, I have also come to the realisation that we are visitors here, this is how life carries on here, and when we leave, they(locals) will still be here, and life goes on at the same pace here. It will undoubtedly change, not for us, not for anyone!

2 comments:

Ronita Glanville said...

Hey Ing

Haven't been blogging myself for a while! Need to get back into it! Hope you are doing okay!

Love and hugs
X

Congopit said...

Hi there Ronita,
doing fab thanks and yourselves?
Have you opened up shop yet?

Ciao
xxx