Saturday, January 17, 2009

SOUL'S PURPOSE!

I have just been doing some soul searching this evening, I did a reading from my favourite deck, Classical Mythology Deck, and found the following few things.
That I am maturing ( or evolving), while living here, this I can believe! But that I have a spiralling negativity attached. Not sure if it's attached to me, or if Kinshasa is a negative place to be right now. I have a wild flare, and have spent time in Nature in my past year. That's for sure, living here, you are surrounded by nature, just my garden has 4 huge palms, not too mention the little palm trees and birds that sing amongs the noise of traffic, I live on a thoroughfare, if the traffic is heavy,everyone uses our road as a detour. Friendship is my strength, and gives me just as much power, as I give to my friends.
I realise that I am here to learn from our experience, and whatever the future holds will be just as great, if not better!

When I stepped off the plane last week, I looked back, and saw my friend and her family stepping onto their plane, leaving Kinshasa. I wished she had urned around, so I could wave to her, but it never happened. I wanted to call her and tell her this. I never did. I know that she had great times here, and was sad to leave. She told me that in Germany, it's not as easy to make friends, even though she was a friendly person. Here friendships, are made based on familiarity, or similarity, we are all on the same level, no better off that the other. Our children, are all the same, we all go back to our "other" homes once or twice a year, we all know that we are here for a short while, some shorter than others. This makes life almost easier. It is simpler, yet effective in that we concentrate more on evolving ( there's that word again) our relationships. On that subject, all relationships should improve, if not, they were never happy to begin with. I love the feeling of being in a world that works for us, our lives, and our families.
An almost, "Perfect world" if this exists.

Today, while out shopping, a group of street children, accosted us while walking to our car, quite scary, as they came up our of nowhere. And were darn rude, showing us the parted finger, and they openly displayed metal objects, with which they could cause harm.
On seeing this today, nothing could be worse, than the headlines of our local newspaper, in Cape Town, The Cape Argus, where a man was outside mowing his lawn, when 2 guys shot him in the head, and made off with just his cellphone. This man happens to live in my suburb, just up the road from where we lived. ( NEGATIVITY, it's all in the air, unavoidable)

I shall end on a happy note of Friendship.

Each friend represents a world in us, a world possibly not born until they arrive, and it is only by this meeting that a new world is born.
Anaïs Nin

1 comment:

Edith said...

Hi Ingrid,
I am so enjoying your blogg and this is so true.....take care