Sunday, January 25, 2009

Me? Dancing Queen!

Cape Wine Sales









When I got back from holiday 2 weeks ago, and our yoga group hadn't started up yet, I was persuaded by one of the Mom's at Torden's swim lessons to join them for a Salsa exhibition dance at the next LADY's NIGHT. It turned out to be a Lady's night with partner's on a Friday evening, not the normal Thursdays, and it would be at Vicky's house, not the usual night out at a restaurant in Kinshasa. I never turned the opportunity down, being the "dancing queen" that I am. I grew up dancing, around the house, in the car, yes I even did modern dancing lessons for my entire schooling life, as well as a few years in my later years. I did shows and exhibitions before, so I was game! Well, I was also unfit for Salsa, had 2 weeks of 2 hours dancing non-stop, my neck hurt for a few days thereafter. It must have been those sharp, dramatic head twists to the back ooh la la..... Our tutor, Christian, is a great dancer, not letting us giggling girlie's stop for just any excuse, he encouraged us, gave us the confidence to put on a small show. There were 4 of us faithfuls, and we had lots of fun! Now, the BBQ was set outside on the lawn, and the new stage was set on the grass, euw.....but nonetheless it turned out to be a great evening. I even had a SA stall selling some good white wine from the Cape. Now to get me back to a Salsa class, of course!




No comments: