Thursday, September 18, 2008

ONE YEAR ALREADY!

It's hard to believe a year has past since being here. In the beginning I really wished my life away, hoping that Paul's contract would end sooner, just so we could find another place to go to, another country perhaps, yearning for a "normal" place. It felt as if I would never fit in, never be happy, and that my family back home would never be happy without us. Boy was I wrong, everyone gets on with their lives nonetheless, and our lives turn into so called "normal" lives anyway. We have friends, we do great things over the weekends, we go out for dinner, Paul goes to work, Torden goes to school and he has friends that come over. I really feel that we've made a life here, and it works! Now I don't hope the next year goes too quickly, as there is so much for us to do. I have an opportunity to offer a drama curriculumn at the American school, I visit an orphanage for boys where we do crafts, and there is a need to pursue lots of exciting things here at the moment. I have also joined a Reiki group of "likeminded" individuals that meet once a week. So life is not dull up here. I love the fact that everyone makes an effort to meet up and connect. It's a way of life and I wouldn't give it up, not right now!

1 comment:

Ronita Glanville said...

Glad to hear you have "settled" in to the Congo way of life. Must say that since I have been back from our trip in the Cape I seem to be much more settled to the Dubai way of life!