Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Friday the 13th!

"To be or not to be" - Afraid, be very afraid.... I'm really not put off by not getting out of bed on Friday the 13th! Man, I was born on that day, so why should I be. Big bad things don't really happen. One year, I did have the electrical garage door, bang down on my car, I was holding the remote, but pressed the wrong button, and couldn't get it up fast enough. Just dinged the top of roof of my car a little. This year, I broke 3 things, and then it stopped. ( a glass, an egg, and Paul stepped on my glass of tonic water, and it broke too)
I had a lovely day last Friday, I organised a Spa Day with a few girlfriends at my home.
The next day was our 11th wedding anniversary! We went out for breakfast, and that evening, a good friend of ours came over, and we had Laurent Perrier champagne ( the best France could ever produce)! He handed us a lovely gift, wrapped in the most gorgeous wrapping, something you never see much up here. I had romantically lit some candles, and proceeded to pose for a photo, when Paul noticed the packaging gong up in flames. Well there goes my idea of not being superstitous, even though this was the day after. We were in fits of laughter, and went out and had a lovely dinner together.

We also ended up at a Bubbles Pool Party, which the Dutch expats, usually arrange, lots of fun, reminded me of those American Movies, where young students are usually joking around the pool, and consuming loads of alcohol. We hid under the palm trees to avoid been thrown in. Anyway Paul was quite sick with bronchitus, so it wouldn't have been good for him at all. Well my poor husband, is now at home with a touch of pneumonia. I am really fortunate ( touch wood), that I have not caught many bugs and illnesses in Kinshasa. I just think, that most of us Moms are tougher!

No comments: