Monday, May 26, 2008

TIA!

I really don't like to be negative. Most of all, I don't like to talk about Africa this way, especially all that it has experienced, will always be compared to the Western World. And, especially since I am living in Africa. BUT, there are somedays, when I cannot stop myself from saying "This is Africa......" Days like, yesterday, when our generator, that is supposed to generate power to our home, just blows up and catches alight. mmmmm I then wonder........

It was about 7pm, and the guards came running to tell Paul, as we were saying goodbye to some guests who had come over for tea. He immediately ran to fetch the fire extinguisher, and then put out the flames, on failing which would've blown up 120litres of diesel, not too mention the 80litres of diesel in the tank of the car as well. So for 12 hours we had no electricity. It has now resumed, but who knows for how long, and how long will it take the maintenance guy to replace the old one. At times I ask myself only one question ? What am I doing here.... that topic I will cover another day as I know we have a purpose to fill here....

No comments: