Monday, May 05, 2008

Normality!


Back to normal as most folks would say. What is it actually? Routines, schedule, getting on with your life. After Kim's departure, and being out of routine, I am going to be doing a few new things, one of them is, reading or studying a new book that is on Oprah's book club, A New Earth - by Eckhart Tolle. His previous book, The Power of Now, was excellent, so looking forward to this one. My new motto in life, is not going to be looking into the future, or dabbling on about my past(a few fond memories are nice to keep). I will try, and I know it's going to be difficult, to live in the present moment. So I have set aside a newish schedule, typed up a list of things that I will doing with my free time. Yes I do have lots of time, but still don't get all the things I always plan to do, done in a week.

A few words about my past 2 weeks. Kim, I loved having you here, discovering all the new places we found in Kinshasa, and just enjoying the time with you. Our time together, and especially time spent with Torden, was more valued. It just shows, that being in a different place, at a different time, seems to being out more special moments. May you return to us anytime, wherever we may be....

This afternoon, we are going to another birthday party for a little 2 year old boy from South Africa. He has already had cerebral malaria, was also evacuated to SA in February, but is doing well.
I'm off to collect Torden from school and en route can't wait to listen to my ipod with new downloaded music.

2 comments:

Salty said...

Bonjour! Just a quick hello, been reading all your news and seems like life is good at the moment. Sure you've had some "fun" but was so happy to read about things over there! Your new policy/outlook on life sounds good and think i need to adapt the same approach. All ok here, off to doc next week for another check-up so will see what's potting. Keep up this stunning blog and I promise to try keep in touch more. You're always in my thoughts though - promise! BTW did I ever send you those pics of the boys from your last visit? Big hugs and bisous xxx

Congopit said...

Hi Jax, great to hear from you. Thanx for the comments, I love reading them. YEs I got pics of the boys, ta. Good Luck with the new bump! Bisous xxxx