Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Me and my hobby!


I developed a love for photo's and keepsakes since I can remember. I also loved having my photo taken as a little girl, and always posed when I saw a camera. This obviously led to my desire to have them printed and see the outcome. Today with digital printing, there is no need to wait. The only problem is you have a "gizzilion" pictures on your PC memory. I have a Memory Vault, and store them in a file them for printing. This makes it easier to search for them when required. I downloaded a digital Storybook last night online, and stayed up till way past midnight attaching photo's and music. It was wonderful getting so involved in something that is enjoyable, and with Paul in Matadi for the week, it never made me feel so guilty to spend so much time on it.

Today I followed on with my hobby of Scrapbooking. I had 4 South African ladies over this morning; 3 Scrappers and an Au Pair. This made for an enjoyable chattering amongst us, this made me feel instantly at home. And it was nice for a change to feel this way. I am starting to realise that the lifestyle is great for pursuing hobbies or whatever takes up too much time in a "real world". Not that this life is not real, there is so much time, probably what it was like in the old days, when there was no television, no shopping and no crime. Which reminds me that our house in Cape Town was burgaled yesterday. I do hope our tenants stay on.

No comments: