Monday, April 20, 2009

BON VOYAGE FIN!

I clearly cannot explain to you how utterly busy we have been these last 2 weeks prior to leaving this city and country. I suppose anyone who has been through it all, will be able to share. It is so overwhelming that I can't even take a piss ( not my usual words, but I needed to use them)!

I will share a few photos to explain. Our dear dalmation, FIN, left at midday on a flight bound to Cape Town, with a lay over in Johannesburg for 2 hours. We froze his water overnight, but on route to the airport had already defrosted. Being the hyper dog that he is, I dosed him with rescue remedy, and Paul said it seemed to have helped. But he couldn't stop his tears as he saw them take our dog in a crate away like a piece of luggage. Luckily, the pet travel agency will handle the rest of the trip. The poor animal now has to go into quarantine for 2 weeks. I'm not sure if I would ever want to put an animal through this whole move again, especially if it's only for 2 years.




Easter Dinner turned Kareoke at Meeja











Birthday Brunch and welcoming for baby Ming
at Helle's.













Carolyn's Birthday Lunch (above)















Farewell Crazy Hat Party! ( one of the many still to come!)

2 comments:

Kristen said...

We miss you so much!!! I had a bbq/picnic at my house this afternoon with several families, but it just wasn't the same without you. I hope that all is well with you and your family, and it was a pleasure to get to know you!

Congopit said...

Thanks Kristen, I miss you too angel pie! have you heard from Meeja? Keep me posted.