Monday, March 02, 2009

ICE-CREAM DATE


On Saturday, Torden went on his first date. Yes he is only 4 years old, but such a romantic at heart, ever since he discovered his masculinity about 2 years ago. He told me dozens of times that he wants to marry me, and his imagination takes him on the these "prince charades". That was until he saw the girl of his dreams last year on Valentine's Day, that is when I first heard about Selina. I came to pick him up from school, and he was sitting next to her on the bench.

I never knew however, that this beautiful little girl, was the daughter of the owner of a bakery/restaurant, who we knew very well. Well then word got out, and now it's been the standing joke, that Torden wants to marry her, and we need to pay a lot of money to her father one day. Yes it might seem over the top, but it's all very light-hearted.

It started off, with Torden receiving marbles for good-behaviour, and as soon as he receives 10 of them, he gets to choose what he wants to do, he chose to take Selina for an ice-cream. I arranged with her Mom last week to bring her over to Chantilly in the afternoon. They sat together and each chose their own flavour, all innocent, and enjoyed themselves tremendously. For the next 10 marbles, he wants to take his friend, Rudra for pizza! I think it's a great reward, and somehow the it works.

No comments: