Saturday, November 15, 2008

TIME!


With my Mom being here, I try to point out all the things that really irritate me in the Congo. As she goes along with me everyday, and I do what I usually do, my viewpoint is strongly enforced. It's only because I know she makes comparisons. Today we decided to do a little trip, so that we could return before the Boks play Scotland on the telly. We went to a place called, Jardine d'Eden, which is about 20minutes past the airport. I saw this place advertised on a huge billboard on the boulevard, and remember a guy showed me pics, a while back, when we were still staying at the hotel, when we first arrived. I didn't expect much, and it wasn't much, except that you could sit on the river's edge and have an ice cold soda or beer. They serve lunch, but it was exceptionally hot today(37degC), so we never bothered. I was glad we never, as on our way back to the car, we found 3 lonely monkeys in a cage not far from our car. Just while we were looking at the cages, this guy brought over this black pig, with it's feet all tied up and just plonked him over a wall, we knew he would be attended to later on. I felt a lump forming in my throat, and I knew that this would be hard to explain to a four year old. Oh Paul, why did you mention the D word in the car? Luckily Torden didn't need too much convincing that the pig would be saved.
Question: Would you return to this place one day?
Answer: Yes, but not in a hurry.
Question: Is it a trip you could do in one full day or half a day?
Answer: Definitely takes up a half a day.
Question: Would you come back for lunch?
Answer: Yes, they serve all the fish from the river
Question: Are there activities for kids?
Answer: Not really, there is one play ground, and they can go on a 5min boat ride.

I invite all interested parties, to contact me, to organise a group get together on a Saturday morning next year, 2009!

No comments: