Wednesday, June 18, 2008

SCHOOL'S OUT!

I'm sorry for not keeping my blog up to date this past week. Firstly, we are having problems with our computer. Don't ask me what it is, but it needs to be updated. Paul has asked his brother to look into finding parts in SA. With all the abrupt power cuts, and the motherboard, ( not sure what that is and why they call it that), all the info and and and....... Besides that we also recently had a virus, which was eradicated with Norton ( I do like him)! I also tried to write an entry on Monday, and I got an error report and lost my entire page.

Okay, enough excuses, school also finished last week for the big "Summer Break! Last night we watched an excellent show at Torden's Little Jewels International School. A lot of people are packing up and heading out for the holidays, it feels quite strange, as in SA it's really cold at the moment. And here most people are going to Europe, where it's supposedly warm.

The Mom's around here have been great, everyday having a turn for the children to play at their homes. Today was my turn, and my friend, Joan, the American Lady with no kids, brought around beads for the kids to make bracelets with. They loved it! We all did I think!
It's also quite strange for me, to not have a Nanny here for Torden, and most of the children do. So with all 6 kids, came along, 5 Nannies. And of the 5 Nannies, I would only say that 2 of them were really interested in the children. Quite sad, if you think, that they get paid to literally just look at the chilren, and wipe their snotty noses now and again! Anyway, maybe one day, when I'b big, I'll get one to look after Torden.

1 comment:

Edith said...
This comment has been removed by the author.